Big Storm is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing/ advertising agency. Our marketing department produces quality work for major companies in Bozeman and beyond. We are seeking an intern who can participate in various stages of digital marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and will finish the internship with broad experience in various aspects of digital marketing. Our ideal intern is a hard-working, results-oriented, data-driven individual who can write well, analyze data, and interact with clients. They should strive to continually improve and be passionate about growing personally and professionally.
MARKETING INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing intern responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive and market research
- Social media post writing and scheduling
- Monitoring social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- SEO and social media optimization to help grow clients’ bottom line
- Keyword research
- Backlink research, analysis, disavowal, and outreach
- Website optimization, including technical fixes, copywriting, and internal linking
- Developing digital advertising campaigns and writing ads for Facebook Ads and Google Ads campaigns
- Assisting in developing presentations to communicate Social and SEO strategies, results, and industry best practices
- Continual knowledge development of market and industry best practices, sharing knowledge with team and clients
- Analyzing client marketing and sales data
- Opening and sorting email
- Email communication with team members
- Entering contact information into contact management systems
- Undergraduate student in Montana majoring in Business, Sales, Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Strong work ethic
- Humility and ability to work in a team environment, radical self-responsibility
- Desire to achieve and grow professionally. The internal drive to continuously learn to keep up with the latest trends and best practices
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication, and public speaking/presentation skills
- Ability to make good choices for Big Storm and clients
- Enthusiasm for Social Media, SEO, and digital marketing
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel and understanding of statistics
- Basic understanding of search engines such as Google
- Solid time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely
Not required, but if you have these skills or experience, it would be helpful.
- Copywriting skills and published works
- Video editing
- Excellent Graphic Design skills
- HTML/CSS/JS programming skills
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Google Analytics
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, WordPress, and/or Shopify
- Management experience
- Previous digital marketing experience
- Experience with dayparting, search funnels, geographic targeting, extension optimization, bid adjustments, and more to optimize client ad campaigns.
- Experience developing, optimizing, and testing landing pages.
- Experience developing, analyzing, optimizing, and testing Paid Social campaigns.
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Big Storm Marketing Intern – [your first and last name].
- Your Resume
- Any relevant work samples
- Your first and last name
- Phone number
- Available times to connect.