WEB DESIGN INTERNSHIP,
Big Storm is a digital marketing company, seeking a web design intern to design, update, and improve websites. We will also need various social media, advertisements, and other graphics. This internship will last 18 weeks, in which you will receive hands-on experience designing and maintaining websites and other graphics for our company and our clients. Big Storm offers creative ways for businesses in Bozeman and beyond to excel in the ever-changing world of digital marketing. We love learning and finding ways to help our clients succeed.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, results-oriented, pragmatic individual who is able to communicate, ideate, and produce quality design and graphics. They should be humble, hungry, and smart.
- This position is part-time and based at our corporate office in Bozeman, Montana (position is remote during the pandemic)
- Work with marketers, developers, and other designers to implement design and graphical changes to websites
- Desire to design and direct User Experience (UX)
A sample day for a web design intern might look like the following.
- Check-in with your project manager
- Review task load in project management tool
- Work independently to research and design styles and graphics for a website
- Review with design team
- Revise on your own
- Review specific tutorials and learn a new skill
- Implement designs into a web interface
- Review with design lead
- 2+ years of college, equivalent work experience
- High comfort level with using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with Dropbox, Google Drive, or other cloud storage systems
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and public speaking/presentation skills
- Resilience and persistence with a strong sense of purpose
- Humility and ability to work in a team environment
- A passion for good user interface design
- Desire to achieve and grow professionally. The internal drive to continuously learn in order to keep up with the latest trends and best practices.
- Understands the value of digital marketing concepts
- Solid organizational, time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
Not required, but if you have these skills or experience it would be helpful.
- Print Graphics knowledge
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Experience with WordPress and / or Shopify
- Project Management experience
- Previous digital marketing experience.
- This is a part-time internship
- Flexible hours that work with your classes
- Professional Development Assistance
- This position is eligible for school credit.
This position (due to COVID-19) is a remote position, and can be done from home. You will be required to attend a weekly meeting online with your team lead.
- Our interns get a hands-on education, creating content, designing, and maintaining websites and building their portfolio. We provide a mid-semester portfolio and resume review and offer guidance for landing a job after your work with us.
Send an email to: email@example.com with the subject line: Web Design Intern
- Portfolio and relevant work samples
- Current year you are in school
- Your first and last name
- Phone number
- Available times to connect.