CONTENT WRITER &
ON-PAGE SEO SPECIALIST
At Big Storm, we are committed to delivering exceptional service via Social Media, SEO, and Content Marketing. We are actively seeking to hire a SEO and Social Media Marketer at our digital marketing agency.
Big Storm is a Google Partner, and we offer creative ways for businesses in Bozeman and beyond to excel in the ever-changing world of digital marketing. We love learning and finding ways to help our clients succeed.
This is a full-time position. This job can be remote or in our Bozeman office. The ideal candidate has a degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field of study, or equivalent work experience. 1-3 years of professional writing experience is ideal, but not required. They are expected to write and edit content and copy for a variety of media and industries, develop brand voice and tone, and assist with SEO and social media campaigns and strategies. The ideal candidate can use research and data to create content that will help achieve clients’ goals and prove value.
- Write and edit content, including blogs, social media posts, website copy, ad copy, promotional materials, and more
- Apply proactive, strategic SEO best practices to writing, while continuing to stay on-brand by matching voice and tone
- Provide strategic recommendations by utilizing keyword research, competitive analysis, and other tools
- Ensure brand consistency in content and social media messages by working with company department members, including advertising, web design, and market research
- Edit and quality control content to ensure proper grammar, accuracy and consistency of information, and proper brand voice
- Assist with SEO and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Collect and analyze data and use this information to create comprehensive reports to inform marketing strategies and campaigns
- Report progress to senior marketing management
- Create and distribute engaging written and graphic content in the form of newsletters, web pages, blog content, and social media messages
- Develop, analyze, and present client-facing reports
- Assist in developing presentations to communicate Content, Social, and On-Page SEO strategies and results
- Continually develop knowledge of market and industry best practices and share knowledge with team and clients
- Degree in English, Communication, Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write for diverse audiences and industries
- Strong work ethic
- Humility and ability to work in a team environment, radical self-responsibility
- Desire to achieve and grow professionally
- The internal drive to continuously learn to keep up with the latest trends and best practices, particularly related to SEO and Social Media
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Understands the value of digital marketing concepts
- Ability to analyze data and make actionable decisions / recommendations
- Enthusiasm about writing, editing, and telling a client’s story
- Solid time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely
Not required, but if you have these skills or experience, it would be helpful.
- Content / copywriting experience and published works
- Technical writing experience
- SEO or social media marketing experience
- Experience with developing brand voice, tone, and strategy
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, WordPress, and/or Shopify
- Management experience
- Previous digital marketing experience
- This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary DOE.
- Health Insurance will be partially covered after the probationary period, full coverage after 1 year.
- Retirement Savings— Employee Match
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Company-Provided MacBook
- No Relocation Provided
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Big Storm Content Writer and On-Page SEO Specialist – [your first and last name].
Resume Any relevant work samples
- Your first and last name
Phone number Available times to connect